ICT skills are essential in everyday life.
At the College we offer a range of accredited and non-accredited courses to cater for learners from beginners to advanced levels.
We use Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and other specialist software including Adobe Dreamweaver.
Whether you want to study for your personal development or to enhance your employment prospects, we have a range of courses to meet your needs.
Skills for Work
Our range of courses cover the applications commonly used in the workplace.
- Should you wish to gain a qualification in ICT, we offer the ITQ qualification at both Level 1 and 2. ITQ is a nationally recognised programme that has been designed by employers to meet the needs of today’s businesses. It covers office based applications and by achieving the ITQ you will be able to use ICT more effectively and productively.
- Our blended learning courses combine the best features of both tutor-led and e-learning instruction.
- Our Excel courses ranging from beginners to advanced will teach you how to use spreadsheets effectively.
- We also offer Web Page Design for anyone wishing to design and publish their own websites.
Learning at Leisure
Our range of courses gives you an introduction to computing whatever your age.
- A 5 week Basic Computer skills course is an ideal starting point to becoming computer literate.
- Getting to know your laptop courses allow you to bring in your own laptop and learn how to use the features specific to portable computers.
- Older learners can learn in our more relaxed, slower paced courses which cover basic computer skills and the use of the Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel.
- If you want to find out how to use the Internet to find information, do shopping, pay bills, watch television programmes and keep in touch with family and friends, then our Internet and Email and Silversurfers courses are for you.
- For those people that wish to explore the possibility of setting up a website we offer Web Design courses.
- For the practical learner our Build and Maintain your PC teaches the basics of maintaining your PC.
- Our facilities at Brampton Road allows us to offer courses on Apple Mac computers.
There are other related courses which may interest you please see the following pages:-